Yelp is a website and mobile app that lets customers find local businesses and shops, read reviews, interact with management, and purchase promotional deals. If your business is not on Yelp you could be leaving opportunities and potential customers on the table.
Here is how to create your business on Yelp.
Step 1 – Search for your business on Yelp
Make your way to https://biz.yelp.com/signup. The first step is to search for your business name and location to see if someone else has already added your business.
If your business shows up in the search results, click the Unlock button on the right side.
If your business does not show up, then it’s not currently in Yelp’s business database. Scroll to the bottom of the search page and click on Add your business to Yelp. Fill out the form and submit it. Yelp customer service will then review it and email you.
Step 2 – Create your business owner account and verify your identity
After claiming your business listing, you’ll be asked to create an account. Fill out the form and submit it. Verify your identity to complete the process.
That’s it – that’s all there is to it.
Get the most out of your Yelp Business account
- Make sure your profile is up to date
- Add a link to your website – While the link is a nofollow link, it still give potential customers the opportunity to do more online research about your business.
- Upload appealing photos – Give customers a visual feel for your location, product and personality.
- Create interesting promotions – Posting a Yelp deal allows your customers to purchase from you before they step foot in your store, or pick up the phone to call you. Yelp deals will help increase your exposure because they are highlighted in search results, business listings and even the Yelp mobile app.
- Respond to your reviews – Communicating with your customers is extremely important. It’s recommended that you respond to all reviews, positive and negative. Responding to positive reviews will encourage happy customers to come back. Responding to negative reviews will show potential customers that you strive to please customers and rectify mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, and customers want to know that your business will handle it with respect and dignity.
- Don’t ask for reviews – Yelp frowns on this. They prefer that customer reviews are generated organically from real customers. Let your online reputation grow organically.
- Monitor and analyze your traffic – Yelps analytics tools allow you to see how many times your business has been viewed, as well as how many people engage with you business.
Creating your Yelp business account and adding your business can open up a lot of opportunities for customer interaction and growth. If handled correctly, you can see some really positive results.