Families keep growing and items continue to accumulate, but square footage just doesn’t budge — this is why garages can be a storage savior. As you embark on your garage remodel or makeover, remember to focus on functionality above all else; this is an utilitarian space created to store things — cars, tools, lawn mowers, seasonal decorations — so you want to make sure your garage design is reflective of this.
Research different garage ideas, including various layouts and organization solutions, so that you address all of your storage needs. If you don’t need a repository for your accumulations and instead require more living space, check out garage conversion ideas and consider transforming this area into a hobby room, gym or extra bedroom.
- 1 How do I organize my garage?
- 2 What other garage designs can I implement?
- 3 Garage Design Ideas
- 3.1 1. Ultra Minimalist Home With Volumetric Style Also Simple Garage Idea
- 3.2 2. Modern Garage Apartment
- 3.3 3. Matt Fajkus Designs Asymmetric Austin Residence
- 3.4 4. This Ecuadorian Mansion Comes With A Ridiculously Cool Underground Garage
- 3.5 5. Tiefgarage Modern House
- 3.6 6. Custom Two Car Garage Designed For A Bungalow In Detached Detached Garage Designs
- 3.7 7. Garage Design in Modern Villa Midgard
- 3.8 8. Cantilever Carport, Timber Lined Celing Caeport Ideas
- 3.9 9. Fertiggarage Beton Elegant Carport
- 3.10 10. Garage Design In The Philippines
- 3.11 11. Perfect Garage Design Ideas
- 3.12 12. White Double Garage Doors 10 X 7
- 3.13 13. Architecture Modern Garage Design
- 3.14 14. Best Garage Lighting Ideas Creative
- 3.15 15. Pergola Design Ideas
- 3.16 16. Outstanding Design The Space Especially Plans For Car Garage
- 3.17 17. Bridgewater Overhead Door Nj Garage
- 3.18 18. Lovely Simple Garage Design
- 3.19 19. Garage Door Sun Shade
- 3.20 20. Pole Barn House With Garage Ideas
- 3.21 21. Carriage House Garage Doors
- 3.22 22. Gauge Garage
- 3.23 23. Modern Townhouse Designs
- 3.24 24. Garage Door Overhead Garage
- 3.25 25. Small House Garage Plans
- 3.26 26. Top Two Story Garages Designs
- 3.27 27. Modern Garage House Plans
How do I organize my garage?
This is a space that can easily get overwhelmed by clutter, so plan for a functional garage makeover that has a layout optimized for heavy storage. When browsing garage ideas, think simplicity — one of the easiest ways to keep this area neat is by putting in shelving units and built-ins that allow you to carefully arrange your items so they’re easy to find and put away. To achieve ultimate organization in your garage remodel, add cabinets along the walls, a built-in workbench for ample counter space and wall hooks for hanging brooms, shovels and other tools. Stash pricier pieces in a locked box, and use wall-mounted racks to keep bikes out of the way. When it comes to garage designs, think about your ceiling too; many manufacturers make overhead ceiling racks for seasonal and infrequently used items.
What other garage designs can I implement?
A dream garage doesn’t have to be a storehouse — there are plenty more garage design ideas to choose from. If you need more living space versus storage, you can always opt for a garage conversion and create an extra room. Garages are versatile spaces and with some smart paint selections and decor choices, it can easily become a home office, guest bedroom, playroom, home gym, music room or sewing space. If you’re considering completely renovating your garage design and making it into a fully developed and habitable area, make sure you comply with local ordinances and incorporate enough ventilation, light and insulation for seasonal temperature changes. Don’t feel limited by what others have already done — come up with your own unique garage ideas to create a space that’s all your own.
Garage Design Ideas
1. Ultra Minimalist Home With Volumetric Style Also Simple Garage Idea
2. Modern Garage Apartment
3. Matt Fajkus Designs Asymmetric Austin Residence
4. This Ecuadorian Mansion Comes With A Ridiculously Cool Underground Garage